The globalisation of business and the ability of plaintiffs to select different jurisdictions means class actions and collective redress are now a global phenomenon, giving rise to the need for a seamless domestic and international approach. This once predominantly U.S. issue is now a complex global concern encompassing countries throughout the world with their own systems of group and collective redress.
Consistently recognized as a leading legal practice in the area of litigation and dispute resolution by all major legal directories, our Global Class Actions Team draws on decades of proven experience to deliver cost-effective solutions in the U.S., U.K. and throughout the world. our integrated team of lawyers covers the entire range of industries and sectors, and the group works closely with our International Investigations and Antitrust and Competition teams.
Our Global Class Actions Team is enhanced by our e-Discovery and Information Governance Team. With over sixty legal professionals dedicated to dealing with the increasingly complex issues relating to electronic discovery, electronic disclosure and information management, our e-Discovery and Information Governance Team provides a vital component in our integrated litigation solution.
- Handled a defence of a major high profile class action spanning three jurisdictions
- Defended on behalf of all twelve defendants the largest group action attempted in the U.K. in the investment sector to date
- Involved in class actions and collective redress in a broad range of jurisdictions including France, the Netherlands, Austria, Australia and Hong Kong
Our extensive U.S. class action and multidistrict litigation (MDL) experience has a proven record of success. Our Global Class Action Group can handle all aspects of state, federal and multidistrict class litigation, including trials, appeals and national defense case coordination for individual and multiple clients.
Our class action litigation experience includes:
- Coordinating multidistrict (MDL) litigation
- Pre-certification hearing discovery
- Class certification hearings
- Interlocutory appeals of certification rulings
- Trying class actions on the merits
- Obtaining court approval of settlement classes
- Administering class action settlements
Our Global Class Action Team has represented clients across the nation in class action cases in both state and federal courts, handling hundreds of class actions and MDL matters in:
- Consumer Products
- Health Care
- International and Human Rights
- Labor and Employment
- Mass Tort and Catastrophic Litigation
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices
- Product Liability
- Subprime Credit Crisis
- Securities Litigation and Enforcement
- Toxic, Mass Tort and Environmental Litigation