|2200 Ross Avenue
Dallas, TX 75201-2784
T: +1 214 855 8000
F: +1 214 855 8200
Our Dallas office has served the complex legal needs of the Dallas business community for 26 years. With approximately 150 lawyers, it is one of the largest legal practices in Dallas with a business team focus on Fortune 1000 and upper tier mid-market companies.
The Dallas office is strategically positioned to leverage our international platform spanning the globe from Dallas to New York to London to Dubai to Beijing, and to handle the most significant transactions and matters throughout the world.
- Our appellate team, with more than 30 lawyers, is acclaimed for handling appeals at all levels in state and federal courts, covering the entire range of substantive civil law.
- The core of our appellate team is writing briefs and presenting oral arguments in appeals and other proceedings.
- Our appellate lawyers also support trial lawyers by briefing and arguing complex pretrial issues, monitoring trials with a focus on preserving appellate complaints, preparing and objecting to the court's charge, and handling critical motions during and after the trial.
- Our bankruptcy and insolvency team's representation in the bankruptcy courts of creditors, trustees, investors, business debtors, official bankruptcy committees and other entities seeking to secure and conduct commercial transactions with bankruptcy estates
- Our bankruptcy and insolvency team handles "Workouts" and restructurings of debtor-creditor relationships outside the courtroom
- Our corporate team counsels executive officers and boards of directors with respect to a wide variety of business transactions, as well as corporate and partnership governance issues
- Our corporate team handles public and private equity and debt offerings, lending transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, takeovers, corporate finance, securities law matters and other general corporate work
- Our health care team handles acquisitions and divestitures of health care facilities, joint ventures among health care providers, physicians and other groups, federal and state regulatory matters for hospitals and physicians, operational issues involving hospitals, other health care industry matters
- Our health care team handles representation of lenders and borrowers in tax-exempt and non-tax-exempt financings
- Our health care team does extensive work in tax-exempt organization medical care areas
- Our immigration team provide comprehensive legal support to assist domestic, foreign and global companies in the transfer of personnel into the United States for work-related reasons. We also assist clients in the transfer of personnel abroad by ensuring issuance of the proper immigration documents in foreign jurisdictions.
- Our intellectual property team handles legal matters in technical areas such as mechanical, electrical, electronic, chemical, biochemical, aviation, computer, medical, petroleum drilling, production and refining fields
- Our intellectual property team advises clients on trade secret matters, including developing policies, licensing trade secrets and litigation to protect trade secrets; litigate patents, trademarks, trade names, trade secrets and unfair competition matters; negotiate and prepare trademark, franchise, agency and management service agreements; obtain and litigate copyrights; prepare computer software contracts; negotiate and prepare trade secret, noncompetition and employment agreements; and litigate matters in these fields
- Our international team handles matters for U.S. clients with international activities and for foreign clients with U.S. investments or operations
- Our international team advises on the international aspects of matters being handled by members of other teams
- Our international team negotiates and drafts joint venture agreements, commercial agreements and instruments relating to international transactions, provide tax planning for international operations, handle cross-border acquisitions and divestitures, advise on customs and immigration matters, international financial and investment transactions and export/import law compliance
- Our international team works closely with foreign legal counsel, international corporations, and banking and financial institutions worldwide and, when appropriate, with officials and agencies of the U.S. and foreign governments
- Our labor and employment team represents employers in all aspects of employment law in regard to compliance, regulatory issues and litigation
- Our labor and employment team provide representation in areas of civil rights laws, management-union relations, wrongful discharge and employment tort litigation, and issues involving affirmative action, occupational safety and health, wage-hour and other labor standards matters, as well as the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Our business and commercial litigation team including all areas of securities, antitrust, class actions, bankruptcy, construction, fraud, deceptive trade teams, UCC, white collar crime and government investigations, as well as other complex commercial litigation
- Intellectual property litigation including all aspects of patent, trademark, copyright, trade dress and trade secret litigation
- Our tort litigation including all areas of business torts, product liability, toxic torts, professional services liability, libel and slander, extra-contractual liability, insurance coverage, and catastrophic personal injury and casualty litigation
- Our appellate matters including all aspects of appeals from the entry of judgment through post-trial motions, perfection of the appeal, appellate court motions, appellate briefing and oral argument; includes original proceedings in emergency matters in the appellate courts; work closely with other lawyers in the litigation team on complex pretrial motions and hearings and on the preservation of error for appeal
- Municipal financing by all types of political subdivisions in the state and by some state issuers, as well as sophisticated transactions of financing by nonprofit organizations acting for and on behalf of political subdivisions
- Our real estate team represents real estate lenders, developers, investors and entrepreneurs in a variety of real estate matters, including asset securitizations transactions, sales and purchases of real estate, loans and other financing transactions, real estate development matters, leases, loan workouts and foreclosures
- Our tax team represents large corporate clients and business entities, as well as tax-exempt organizations and individuals
- Our tax team handles the tax aspects of reorganizations, business combinations and separations, municipal finance issues, tax-exempt organization issues, contested tax matters with the IRS and corporate, partnership and real estate tax issues
- For the eleventh consecutive year, the firm was chosen as one of the top 25 corporate legal practice in the nation in 2011 by Corporate Board Member.
- The firm was named among The Best Places to Work in multiple Texas Business Journals. (Austin, Dallas, Houston & San Antonio Business Journals, 2005-2008).