Rod Lambert joined the firm as a partner in the London office working with the Litigation group. A seasoned competition lawyer, Rod has extensive experience dealing with antitrust litigation matters ranging from cartel defense, antitrust compliance, merger control, audits, and dawn raids. Additionally, he has substantial knowledge of the oil and gas, electricity, drinks and transport infrastructure industries.
Rod led the defense of the first three dawn raids under the United Kingdom's Competition Act and obtained the first pre-investigation grant of leniency under The Office of Fair Trading whistle-blowing regime. He defended the first application under the U.S.-U.K. Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty in an antitrust matter and has defended clients subject to parallel investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and the European Commission. Rod is well versed in dealing with price-fixing cartels, market-sharing cartels, bid rigging, and customer and product allocation schemes. He also has designed competition and antitrust risk management programs for both U.K. and U.S. clients, spanning industries ranging from construction to biotechnology.
- CA98 dawn raids transport sector
- Commission/DoJ investigation chemicals sector
- Leniency/amnesty under U.K. regime
- OFT supermarket investigation
- North Sea consolidation merger control
- SFO generic drugs investigation
- Commission chemicals investigation
- Meat export investigation
- U.S.-U.K. Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) proceedings
- European drinks distribution and the VABE
- International Bar Association - Antitrust Section
- Law Society's Competition Group
- British Institute of International Comparative Law
- Scottish Competition Law Forum
- Legal 500, EU/Competition Law (2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009)
- Chambers and Partners, EU Competition Law (2007, 2008)
- Best Lawyers-United Kingdom, Competition (2009, 2012)
- Co-author, "Comment Period Opens for EU Proposed Framework on Medical Device Regulation," Fulbright Breifing, November 29, 2012
- CA Magazine, 2006
- The Scotsman, 2006
- Director Magazine, 2003
- Competition Law Journal, 2002
- Consumer Law Review, U.S.,Loyola, 2002
- Commerce and Industry Group, 2003
- Scottish Shipping Conference, 2003
- CBI London, 2002
- Lead presenter, The American Lawyer Antitrust Beyond Borders Conference, 2001
- Lead presenter, Law Society of England & Wales Competition Law Seminars, 2000
- U.K. Sports Forum, 2000
Additionally, Rod has been invited to two invitation-only private workshops run by the Chairman of the OFT (one of six U.K.-based practicioners) on the private enforcement of competition law.
1989 - DLP, University of Edinburgh
1988 - LL.M., Master of Law, Trinity Hall, Cambridge University
1987 - LLB, with 1st Class Honors, University of Edinburgh
Rod is admitted to practice law in England and Wales, New Zealand and Scotland.
Rod enjoys snowboarding and cricket.
- Law Society of England and Wales